When to farm below 200:
• You want to get a lot of gold/elixir in a short amount of time.
• You are fine with dropping trophies, as is your clan leader.
• You normally play CoC for at least an hour at a time.
When NOT to farm below 200:
• Your builders are all being used and won’t end for a few days.
• You haven’t asked/weren't approved to drop by your clan leader (This could end up being kicked due to trophy level if you are in a trophy pushing clan).
• You care about your trophies.
The best TH's to farm at is 6 & 7. The higher the TH you are the less loot you will get.
How to get down to 200 trophies:
1. Hold the next button with your right finger.
2. Simultaneously release a troop with your left finger and release the next button.
This will take some practice but is very efficient. Sometimes you will let go to early and not release a troop. Other times you will drop a troop but you actually have to click surrender. This obviously takes a larger amount of time than the other method. You want to stop at around 150 trophies. Feel free to farm on the way down whenever you see an easy neglected base.
Attacking the bases:
First things first, you need to find the right base. This should be the easiest part of the entire farming process. Here is an example of a good base to attack – link These bases normally have level 1-2 walls, so wall-breakers aren’t a necessity but are nice. I usually run (with 180 slots) 170 goblins and 5 wall breakers. If you can hold 200 troops, use 4 giants in your army as a distracting unit. A good amount of troops to use per raid is 20-40 goblins and 1-2 wall breakers and 1 giant. The loot you get varies per raid. You want to shoot for the 35k+ range. 35k doesn’t seem like a whole lot at first, but 30k x10 raids is 350k which is pretty good.
When to start farming:
You can lower your trophies whenever you please, but this strategy is not very good if you only play for 5-10 minutes at a time. The best thing to do is play in bursts (1-3 Hours at a time, instead of 10 minutes here, 5 minutes there). Why is this you may ask? Sadly, you won’t be the only one doing this farming method. Once your game closes out from inactivity, you will be attacked by people who are trying to drop trophies just like you. This can bring you up 100+ trophies, from 150 to around 250, in about 5 minutes.
When you attack, you want to try to at least below 50% when you attack. Obviously, if you are at 40% and there is still 30k of easy loot, you should get it. The best percentage to stay at is below 40%. When you stop at 37%(ish), since they don't get a shield, you have a good chance of seeing that same guy again when you are farming.
• Never get above 40% on a base, this gives them a shield.
• Hit bases with 35k+ loot.
• Only do this when you can play for several hours if you want to farm efficiently.
This is a great farming strategy and this guide is from my personal experiences and what I have learned from reading up on farming sub-200. I hope this has helped.