Hello guys, if you have upgraded your town hall too fast and now you regret doing that, don’t worry, you can still get back to the top of the people that have the same town hall level as you do, let me tell you some ways to do it:
- You can always gather resources or upgrade your mines, but lets say you have very bad level mines and do not have the patience to upgrade them to the top, but don’t worry, you can still gather resources. If you are real bad at gathering resources, don’t worry just hunt a little until you get to a league that you are comfortable at, then start the simple archer, goblin and wallbreaker attack to get those resources.
- Let me say that most people are more interested in hunting than in farming, because with hunting comes challenge. Lets say that you are one of those kind of people that like hunting, well you have to sacrifice some trophies to get stronger. Start hunting to a league that almost everyone is in a higher level than you, like crystal league (if you still aren’t there). After you do that start farming and attack with an archer goblin or archer goblin wallbreaker troop combo and well lose trophies! Try setting a limit for yourself like only attacking people with higher than 200k gold and 200k elixirs and 1000 dark elixir (optional). Keep on doing this until you reach gold III then start hunting then farming again and again and again and continue even more until you get to your ideal level everything.
- If you are at a town hall level higher than town hall level 7, with a dark elixir storage and are struggling to get the barb king or archer queen, either go to a higher league like crystal or master or go down to between 0-400 trophies, I’ve done that and tried both and now have a barb king and a lot of dark elixir left to spend.
- Set yourself priorities to upgrade, here is how I like it to be:
1. Mortar 1. Camps
2. Wiz tower 2. Barracks
3. Air defense 3. Dark barracks
4. Cannons 4. Laboratory
5. Archer tower 5. Spell factory
6. Hidden tesla 6. Troops & spells
7. Other traps 7. Storage
8. Walls 8. Mines
9. Rest 9. Rest
- Upgrade the troops you need for farming and hunting first then the other troops, because barely anybody uses Valkyrie or P.E.K.K.A in their attack, that is why I like to upgrade them last. I upgrade first archers then goblins then giants then barbs then wallbreakers then hogs then minions and then the rest which I don’t really use much.
If you need tips, these are two good tips:
- Use only lightning spells in your attacks, because they can disarm mortars and steal unreachable dark elixir and maybe with a few disarm an air defense. Not many people know how to use the lightning spell for destroying defenses or gaining resources, most people just throw a few on a mortar or air defense and start nagging why the building next to it wasn’t destroyed; the way to use the lightning spell at higher levels is to throw one lightning spell between mortar and air defense or some two other defensive buildings then drop the next and the next and so on. Some pro players use the lightning spell to take out the last 1 or 2 percent of a guys base, for example I’ve attacked a guy and got 49 percent and lost all troops but still have a couple of lightning spells so I go destroy a low hitpoint building and have the other ones on recourse buildings or save them for the next attack or attacks.
- You should always watch out for four things when you are attacking a base:
1. Mortars: this is obvious because anyone with a town hall lower than level 9 protect them as their best defense, because of their great splash damage
2. Wizard towers: this is mostly because of their great damage per second and splash damage and because they can attack flying units too with splash damage.
3. Air defense: I seriously don’t need to discuss this cause you all know that no body wants their hard made dragon, healer or balloon get destroyed or have a ruined giant healer attack strategy.
4. Trap places: well we cannot control our troops when they are in the battlefield but we can always watch out for traps that can get us when we place a troop. If you are sniping town halls to reach a certain league, first place one troop to disarm the traps and then the rest.
If you need to know what not to do, these are two things you shouldn’t do:
- Many people at lower levels think that the way of attacking with only gobs is true farming, WRONG. Gobs are just things that you can use to get the last part of loot that you couldn’t get or the thing that you use to destroy a base faster or you can have a combo which requires goblins to be in it, for example I have 200 space and I attack with 95 archers and 95 goblins and 5 wallbreakers. This is how my attack works: first I place an archer for every building which defensive buildings cant reach, then I place one archer for every gold mine and every elixir collector and every dark elixir drill until a defensive building hits it then have another one to replace it and the replacement must be fast so that slow defenses such as mortars cannot hit them with the next shot, then when I’m out of archers I will deploy 2 or 3 goblins for every mine and collector and drill then replace it fast, now I most probably have about 30-50 goblins left, if I have less I end battle but if in this range or higher, I will have the wallbreakers deliver the bomb and then do this one wallbreaker at a time, when a hole in the walls up to the storages have opened, place 10 goblins at a time until you get the loot in the storages and then we are done with our attack.
- Never stop yourself from requesting when you can do it. The best things to request for if you want to attack are wizards and archers and witches and then flying units. Wizards can dish out very high damage if they are in high levels, witches can spawn skeletons and can form an army all by themselves but I prefer to use them when there are no defenses around and then comes the archers, lets face it, archers are some of our favorite things to request for because they can attack from a range or can finish the last 5% of a base, flying units are good too, so you can place them when you have destroyed the nearest or all air defenses. I would prefer witch, wizard, archer, dragon, wallbreaker , minions and valkyrie for being in my clan castle. A well-placed clan castle can have archers come out of it and hide behind walls and shoot, same with wizards. Wouldn’t you love it if your army could defend your base from an enemy attack, well that’s what the witch is for, being able to summon many skeletons that can form a powerful army by themselves. With no doubt not many people use wizards in their attacks except in high levels, so a dragon can always ruin a persons attack, since archers have lower hitpoints than many other things, they can be easily taken out by a dragon. Wallbreakers can sneak into an army with their high speed then destroy it with an explosion. Minions don’t take mush space but have pretty good damage, so you can have lots of them in your clan castle and destroy an army. A well-hidden Valkyrie within a lot of barbs can easily wipe out a fourth of a pretty good army.
If you need to know how to defend for strong troops, these are some ways to do it:
- I’ve seen one thing that everyone is worried about, hog defense. It is actually quite simple for defending against hogs, this is the way to do it: think of your base as three parts 1. The center of the base including town hall 2. The mid part which the cannons and archer towers are 3. The outer part which the barracks and other useless stuff are on. The way to build your base is to recognize that when a hog rider destroys a building, it isn’t on the building, it is next to it. Have the part 1 of your base farther to the part 2 than part 3, so that when the hogs are done with the defenses, they go to destroy the outside of a base and not the inside, so that you might save one star and the time will probably end since the combined hitpoints of all buildings on the part 3 of your base will be too much and the hogs wouldn’t be able to destroy them.
- Dragons are pretty simple to defend for to be honest with you, you just have to have air defenses on part 1 of your base and archer towers on part 2 of your base and anti-air traps on part 3 of your base. As simple as that.
- P.E.K.K.A is to be honest with you, one of the toughest things to defend for, but since they only attack you with these at high levels, you don’t have to worry about them but this is the way to do it: have your inferno towers on part 1 of your base and your hidden teslas on mid part 2 of your base, giant bombs actually take a lot out of them, so place some of them in parts 1 and 2.
- Golems are pretty simple to deal with, since they don’t have any special powers except turning into golemites, but it’s still simple. Have your base as you normally have it; stronger defenses on part 1 and other ones on part 2 and you just have to upgrade them.
- Witches are some waste of dark elixir, since 250 dark elixir can be flown away with a simple giant bomb or spring trap or one hit from a high level cannon or archer tower, so the only thing that I can say is for you to upgrade your traps and defenses, that’s it.
If you need a troop combination that you can three star everybody in clan wars, here is an idea:
This is a troop combination I prefer to use when there are clan wars going on with 200 spaces:
3 lightning spells
Clan castle troops: preferably wizard, witch or dragon
This is how it works:
1. I place down one minion near the clan castle to see if troops come out or not
2. If there are troops that can hit flying units, I place down two wizards and then the barb king, if not, I keep on placing minions.
3. If there is a barbarian king I place down the clan castle troops if not witch or dragon, then place down minions to kill barb king.
4. I place 4 giants for distraction then as many wallbreakers as needed to get into the base.
5. I place all the giants to clear out the near defenses then I place all wizards and all minions and clan castle troops if I haven’t yet used them.
6. I watch myself getting three stars on the base
*Lightning spells should be used to take out mortars or clan castle troops.
If you need a troop combination to get tons of loot, here is the one I prefer:
This is one of the best troop combinations for farming that I have used to this day and I am still using. This is the troop combination:
90 archers: these are for hitting out of range buildings and mines and collectors and maybe even drills (if the guy is super dumb).
90 goblins: these guys go straightly for resources so I can deploy them to either get the storages or maybe the mines when the archers are out.
5 wallbreakers: I don’t know why many people do not know the value of these guys, they can open path to inside mines and collectors and drills and to storages and they can save up to a minute in your attacking time.
This is how the combination works:
1. At first you deploy the archers one for every mine and collector and drill.
2. Then if the defenses could hit the archers, deploy one archer again for each mine to find the blind spot.
3. If the archers keep on getting hit on and on, just put one and wait for the mortar to shoot it then place another one so quickly that the mortar should still cool down. Save 10 archers for the end.
4. If the archers have all been destroyed, place a couple of goblins for every mine and collector and drill (usually between 2-8).
5. When the mines, collectors and drills are all destroyed, place a wallbreaker. Most probably a defensive building would hit it, so place 3-4 gobs then a wallbreaker so the turrets will be attacking the goblins instead.
6. Try to only break walls that are closest to the storage section to both save time and troops.
7. If the path is opened to the storages, place 5-10 goblins at a time to get them and repeat.
8. If you have a high percentage and you might win, deploy the 10 archers to destroy some barracks or some camps or builder huts, or you can save them for next battle.
* It is preferred that you train as many lightning spells or rage spells as you can so you can steal some of the unreachable loot or maybe a mortar or any other defense.
Try to find some good loot even if it means pressing next a 100 times (doesn’t usually happen).
- Enjoy the game!!!
Hope you liked my guide, please comment on it and let me know what you think should be added or should be taken out. I spent a lot of time making this (I actually type pretty slowly LOL). Join our clan young volcanoes, hope this guide helps and enjoy the game play.