posted 7 months ago
QuickBooks error code H505 is a part of H series error that is encountered by QuickBooks users pretty often. This error code can be seen when the user tries to switch to the multi-user mode. It can result in blocking the multi-user connection to the server, and comes up with an error message stating “QuickBooks has faced a problem and needs to close. Sorry for any inconvenience caused”.
If you are also facing this kind of issue and unable to tackle with it, then make sure that you read this blog post till the end, or you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1(888)383-0323.
Causes of QuickBooks H505 error
- The very first cause of the error can be if the hosting configuration of the device is incorrect
- Or in case a damaged or wrong .ND file is present
- This error code can be encountered due to incorrect DNS settings
- Another reason behind this error code can be if the database server manager is not able to find the IP address of the host system or in case it is using several different IP addresses
- Also, if the system firewall settings is obstruction to get to the company file
Steps to fix the QuickBooks Error Code H505
Follow the given steps in order to resolve the QuickBooks error code H505.
Method 1: Configure firewall ports settings
- The first step is to start with opening a run dialog box that can be done by pressing Windows + R keys.
- After that, the user needs to open the control panel
- The next step in the process is to select system and security option and open windows defender firewall
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to click on the advanced settings option and then click on the inbound rule and new rule
- Moving ahead, the user needs to select a port and hit next
- The next step is to ensure that correct TCP option is selected and then enter the port of the QB desktop’s year version
- Lastly, when the year code has been entered in the respective field, then the user needs to click on next and then reboot the QuickBooks desktop and complete the process
Method 2: Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub on your server
- First of all you need to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file.
- After that save the file on your computer where you can easily find it.
- After that open the downloaded file named as exe
- Now you need to follow the on-screen steps to install the tool and click next to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once the installation completes, double-click on the icon to open the tool hub.
From the Tools Hub, run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server
- Choose Network Issues from the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- After that choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Inside the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, choose Start Scan option if your company file folder are displayed.
- If you are not able to found file folder then browse to the location of your company file and then choose Start Scan
- The QB server manager will automatically repair your firewall permissions once the scan finishes. You need to press close once the scan process done.
- Open QuickBooks on each workstation where you see Error H202.
- Choose File option and Switch to Multi-user Mode.
With this we come to the end of this blog post, and we hope that the information contained in here might be of some help in fixing the QuickBooks error code H505. However, if the error continues to trouble you, make sure to get in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1(888)383-0323. Our experts and certified professionals will help you in fixing the issue in no time.
You"ll also like other article:
Fix QuickBooks error code 12029
Install QuickBooks Desktop on Your Computer