Administrate Post:

JeremyIsKing

lvl 6: Giant Sideburns
Site Manager
here
17/09/14
posted 59 months ago

I often use GoWiPe in my clan wars, and I can tell you that there are an array of things that can go wrong. Sometimes, those things are out of your control (Archer Queen bashes her head against a wall going towards a Gold Mine while the Town Hall lies undefended), but most of the time, they were either in your control from the very beginning of the attack or a better decision should have been made during the course of it. I am a near-maxed Town Hall 9, and my particular GoWiPe army consists of 2 Golems, 4 Pekkas, 12 Wizards, 6 Wall Breakers, either a Pekka or 2 Witches inside the Clan Castle, as well as 2 Rage spells, 1 Heal spell, and a Jump Spell. Here are some tips to make you a better GoWiPe user.

1. Thoroughly study the base you are attacking.

Certain base designs are specifically designed to give opposing attackers trouble should they decide to use a GoWiPe-style attack. The most common attribute of these bases is the use of "funneling" in one form or another. If you don't know what funneling is, it's essentially the deliberate placement of walls and defenses that leads troops astray from the attacker's intended target (usually the Town Hall). Funneling can be done in many ways, but the most troublesome bases for GoWiPe users to attack often include lots of long, L-shaped corridors. What these long compartments do is lead troops that don't prioritize the buildings they attack (Pekkas, Barbarian King, Wizards, etc.) in a straight line away from the center of the base. These corridors can sometimes cause so much confusion that even if a Jump Spell is placed precisely in the direct path the troops are taking, they decide to ignore it anyways. The best way to prevent this from happening is to either not attack bases that contain many of these compartments (while trophy-pushing) or, in a Clan War scenario, determine the best starting point of an attack that will avoid the larger of the L-shaped corridors (if possible). Also, as a disclaimer, sometimes troops will recognize the Jump Spell or still go the direction you intended them to, but a lot of the time these long compartments can prove fatal to a GoWiPe-style attack.

2. Don't drop the Pekkas too early!

A VERY common mistake that I often see my fellow clan members make is they drop their Pekkas far too early, causing them to go off to the left and right and completely ruin their attack. The Pekkas are the driving force in a GoWiPe attack and cannot be just placed wherever and whenever. Be patient! Wait for the first enclosure to be opened before and ALL surrounding buildings within the immediate area of placement to be cleared before you drop those Pekkas.

3. Don't drop all your Wall-Breakers at once!

Failure to do this will shave crucial time off the clock and potentially do enough damage to your Golems and Wizards for it to be impossible to recover. Drop then in packs of 2 or 3! There are always people who leave Giant Bombs and Spring Traps around the edges of their base, which can be devastating if you drop all of your Wall-Breakers in one place. Also, dropping them all it once makes them highly vulnerable to splash damage, so it truly is better to drop them in packs.

4. Be meticulous in spell placement.

Another common mistake that I see GoWiPe users make is dropping their spells too early, too close together, or not fast enough. When you use 2 Heal spells in your GoWiPes, the FIRST one should be dropped when the Golems health reaches below half, and the SECOND should be dropped when all of your troops are in the middle. When you use 2 Rage spells, the FIRST one should be dropped once the Pekkas and Heroes have been placed in order to accelerate them to the center, and the SECOND one should be dropped while they're in the center for maximum damage potential. Jump Spells need to be placed BEFORE the units get near the walls that they will have to clear or else you run the risk of them going astray and making your attack a failure. Freeze spells I have no experience with, but I've watched enough videos, and you need PATIENCE when using them. They need to be dropped when either your Golems, Pekkas, or Wizards (depending on whether or not the Inferno Tower is set to Multi-target or Single-target) are taking a significant amount of damage in the core of the base. You also need to ensure you hit the maximum amount of structures with the Freeze spell; don't just place it wherever and hope it hits all of the defenses.

5. Follow the path that your troops are GOING to take, not the path you want them to.

Troops frequently "disobey" and do odd things that you did not want them to. This can all be because of Skeleton Traps and Clan Castle troops, as well as funneling. Adjust your attack according to what direction your troops are heading in, not the direction you hope they go in. Pay close attention to their movements, and anticipate the opportunities that you'll be given to make the most out of your spell placement. As mentioned earlier when I talked about the L-shaped compartments, troops sometimes completely disregard a Jump Spell and continue onward if it was dropped too late, too early, or not in a spot where it covers a lot of walls. Only experience and repetitive use of GoWiPe-style attacks can ensure your success, and everyone has a bad attack once in a while.

I hope that these tips make you a better GoWiPe user in the future.

Administrate Post:

ThorBloodaxe

lvl 3: Teslafried Chicken
26/09/14
posted 58 months ago
Very informative. We need more members like you to post useful tactics and cause and effect. It helps players understand why.
Administrate Post:

JeremyIsKing

Site Manager
here
17/09/14
posted 58 months ago
@ThorBloodaxe. Thanks a lot, I love contributing to the website and I do try to help out fellow clashers as much as possible.
Administrate Post:

JeremyIsKing

Site Manager
here
17/09/14
posted 58 months ago
@clansthatclash, links don't work in posts.
Administrate Post:

JeremyIsKing

Site Manager
here
17/09/14
posted 58 months ago
Link posters.
Administrate Post:

JeremyIsKing

Site Manager
here
17/09/14
posted 58 months ago
Bump
Administrate Post:

Iammyself

lvl 1: Loincloth
03/03/15
posted 57 months ago
How about GoWiPe at TH8? Is it a good strategy with golems lvl1 and pekkas 2? Or are they too weak?
Administrate Post:

JeremyIsKing

Site Manager
here
17/09/14
posted 57 months ago
GoWiPe at Th8 is where it all begins. 200 troop space and Level 3 Pekkas are good enough to do a pretty decent GoWiPe.
Administrate Post:

Zebrajaba

here
23/03/14
posted 57 months ago
@lammyself A TH8 GoWiPe consisting of Level 2 Golems, Level 3 Pekkas, and Level 5 Wizards is by far the best clan war attack you can get at TH8. So, if you are in frequent clan wars, get those guys upgraded.
Administrate Post:

80JaZ

lvl 2: Hog "Rider"
here
02/12/14
posted 57 months ago
This was an awesome article Jeremy. But I still have a few questions, like should I drop my wizards after my Golems? And should I draw out the cc troops?
Administrate Post:

JeremyIsKing

Site Manager
here
17/09/14
posted 57 months ago
@80JaZ, drawing out the Clan Castle troops is unnecessary until TH10. The Wizards should take care of any Clan Castle troops. And the Wizards should be dropped after the Golems. Otherwise they can't be tanked.
Administrate Post:

JeremyIsKing

Site Manager
here
17/09/14
posted 57 months ago

Holy thread views!

Administrate Post:

Soopmeister

here
28/08/14
posted 57 months ago

I didn't come across the GoWiPe strategy until I was well into TH9.  I found my best success with the 2 Golem, 2 Pekka, 11 wizards, 9 wall breakers, 4 witches and a max golem in CC combination with 3 rage and 1 lightning spell.  First, I determine my attack point as being the quickest path to the TH. I try to find an area where I will have the least amount of walls to cross in order to get to the TH. Once I have picked my attack point, I deploy a golem about 6 to 7 spaces to the left and right of this path (be careful not to go too far and have your golems do a walk around. The goal here is for your golems to make a path toward each other and converge together at the TH) I then drop a straight line of wizards from the starting point of where I launched my golems to clear out all obstacles in the path of my golems. Once the path is cleared, I deploy each Pekka directly behind the golem at the same starting point as the golems were originally deployed.  Now it's time to send your wall breakers.  Send 3 WBs in 3 lines.  One line behind each of the golem/pekka path and one line straight down the center of those two paths. I find it's best to take just a very breath pause in between each wall breaker (for a 1..2..3 sequence rather than a 1.2.3 to lower the chances of all your WBs getting destroyed by splash damage). You can also send just the two lines behind the golems/pekkas paths and save the other 3 WBs as backups in case any from the first wave get destroyed before they reach the wall. There should now be two holes breached in the first wall of the base you're attacking.  Once my golems and pekkas get inside the first wall, I will use my first Rage Spell to make sure they begin clearing the way for my Heroes and CC. Now it's time to send your two heroes and your CC golem.  I like to send my CC golem down the middle of the two paths I have made with the golems/pekkas. I then send the AQ behind one of the golems/pekkas path and the BK behind the other path.  This wave of troops should be at the secondary wall fairly quickly since there should be nothing in the way to stop their progress.  Use the second Rage Spell now by dropping it on your Heroes (the AQ, BK, and CC golem should be close enough together that the Rage Spell should cover all three of them) Now launch a line of witches the same way you did with the wizards earlier. At this point, all troops are deployed. By now, your BK and any nearby troops should be whacking away at the TH. Use the BK Iron Fist ability to launch the fatal blow that will destroy the TH.  Use the last Rage Spell where you see fit (usually on the bulk of remaining troops that can cause the most damage). The Lightning Spell should be used as soon as any defensive CC troops reach your first wave of golems/pekkas.  Although the length of this post may make it sound like this is a methodical attack, it isn't.  All of this should be done as quickly as possible while stil maintaining all of the primary goals of this attack.  Rush but don't hurry.  The line of wizards should be deployed fast enough that they are zapping obstacles before your golems start whacking away at the first obstacle they come across.  So launch your golems far enough away from your attack point as to give the wizards enough time to start zapping but not so far that they don't go forward. The main goal of this attack is to get as many of your troops to the TH as quickly as possible.  If done correctly, your witches will be doing the walk around clean up as your golems, pekkas and heroes gut the base from the inside out.  I can score 2 stars 100% of the time against any TH9 with this attack and 3 star the majority (all depends on how successful I am at getting my troops to the TH as quickly as possible and avoiding any of the dreaded walk arounds as pekkas are fond of doing). You can vary your troop combination by using a Jump Spell in place of the Lightning Spell and taking less wall breakers and more wizards.  Lately, because I have honed my attack so well, I have been using 2 Rage and 2 Jump and done away with the wall breakers altogether in favor of taking more DPS with wizards and witches.  i use the Jump spells to make a path to the TH and just ignore any CC defenders by letting my troops do the talking. I've also been working on adding max Valkyries to this attack but it's still a work in progress.  I haven't been able to manage a 3 star by adding the Valkyries yet. But as the walls of the bases I attack improve more and more, I think it will be a valuable asset to learn how to use the Valkyries effectively.  Please comment with any experience you have had by adding Valkyries to your attacks or any comments (good or bad) about my GoWiPe strategy. I feel like I learn something new with every attack. I don't claim to be the master at this, just sharing my own experiences.

Administrate Post:

Soopmeister

here
28/08/14
posted 57 months ago

Oh BTW, great insight on how to use the GoWiPe, Jeremy.  Sorry if I went on too long about my own strategy >D

Administrate Post:

JeremyIsKing

Site Manager
here
17/09/14
posted 57 months ago

@Soopmeister, don't be sorry. We desperately need more members of the community to explain their strategies and give a "cause and effect" dialogue.

Administrate Post:

La_lo_G

29/03/15
posted 57 months ago

Great article @jeremyisking. 

Administrate Post:

Mr_King

29/03/15
posted 57 months ago

Hey dude great post but I was just wondering if you could help me out with my TH8 GoWiPe, I am struggling with most bases I rarely 3 star and I get more 1 stars than I would like to. I take 2 Golems (lvl 1), 2 PEKKAS (lvl 3), 12 wizards (lvl 5), 8 archers then the rest wallbreakers. 2 Rage and a Heal. If you have any advice it would help a ton @JeremyIsKing

Administrate Post:

JeremyIsKing

Site Manager
here
17/09/14
posted 57 months ago

@Mr_King, while TH8 GoWiPe can be extremely overpowering, it takes some practice to get it just right. The biggest thing that is most likely going wrong in your attacks is going to be one of the following: A) not opening up enough compartments and your Pekkas are going astray, B) your spell drops are off/not fast enough or C) the clan castle troops are wrecking your pekkas/golems and ending your attack early.

Are you having any one of these issues? Study your replays and let me know what else I could help with.

Also, 4 Pekkas (One in the CC) is much better than extra Wizards. Wall Breaker drops are critical at TH8 as well.

Administrate Post:

jmumme43

lvl 7: Mortar Humper
here
13/06/14
posted 57 months ago

Jeremy, is there any easy way to stop the enemy's CC troops from ruining you without having to lure out the troops and/or using a lightning spell? That seems to be the most common mistake that I make during GoWiPe and I haven't found a foolproof way to do it just yet.

Administrate Post:

JeremyIsKing

Site Manager
here
17/09/14
posted 56 months ago

Well, sometimes getting lucky is your best bet. Clan Castle Balloons will annihilate a GoWiPe but do much less damage to a GoWiWi, but troops like Archers, Wizards and even Witches are usually best dealt with a Lightning spell. I don't personally bring a Lightning spell along with me, I bring 2 Rage, 1 for when I confront the clan castle troops.

Administrate Post:

drench15

lvl 4: Noobsauce Bob
here
30/10/14
posted 56 months ago

I think that you missed off an important one, know what your going for 1,2 or 3 stars. I find the best way to get 3 is to hold a group of wiz and then deploy them when you need them,when going for 2 stars almost all of them need to go into the core. Plan your attack according to the diffculty of the base and what outcome you want to achieve on some bases 3 star is an impossibility.

@jimumme i also have trouble with the cc troops, a rage like jeremy said will help but from time to time theyll still screw you over...Like what happened to me last war - sorry jeremy and zebra :(  I think we still won thou judgeing from the loot i got so tell the guys nice job

Administrate Post:

JeremyIsKing

Site Manager
here
17/09/14
posted 55 months ago

GoWiPe is also becoming less and less about the Pekkas and more and more about the Golems. All you'll see up in Champion league is 4-5 Golem GoWiPes because the tanking has become far more efficient than multiple Pekkas for massive DPS.

Administrate Post:

Mr_King

29/03/15
posted 55 months ago

Sorry for not replying before not been on in a while but I have found a new army comp that has worked for me I am a max TH8 so I dont have a jump spell yet but I take 2 Heal spells and 1 Rage Spell, Along with 2 Golems, 3 Pekkas, 12 Wizards, Wallbreakers and an archer (another pekka in cc :P). Since I have changed to this and got familiar with the attack there hasn't been many bases I havent 3 starred. I think my main problem with my last attack was that I spent so much troops on a lure but with this one I dont lure them out I just let my troops deal with them.

Administrate Post:

Ythas

here
19/01/14
posted 55 months ago

From my experiences, I had more success with GoWiPe raid/war without luring cc troops. I usually drop some wizards in a line to deal with outer structures to open path for pekkas, royals and my 2nd wave of wizards to deal with cc troops. Once my troops clash with the enemies cc troops, I'll drop both rage and heal spell. I've tested this and it works better than luring cc troops since Pekka is just too slow. Its not on the issue of whether GoWiPe can survive or not, its a matter of time.

Administrate Post:

happy minion

lvl 5: Goblin Ponch
here
22/06/15
posted 54 months ago

im currently a town hall 9.  i the troops i use in gowipe are 2 golems, 12 wallbreakers, 15 wizards, 2 witchs, 3 pekka, 4 archers 2 barbarians,heros, clan castle troops (inside id have a golem or a pekka) 2 rage spells, 1 jump spell, 1 lighting spell. start by planning  and when you planif your a town hall 8 or town hall 9 look for splash damage. splash damage can be a huge problem when you attack. look at where you are attacking from and from there golems will go to the closest defence plan  where will you put your troops watch out for heros you dont want the defense archer queen to be shooting at your golems. before you start the attack clear out clan castle troops with 2 barbarians and put wizards right after. now start attacking the base. start by spreading out golems so they will go to different defenses and put wizards in behind they will clear out those buildings. the reason why you do that is so the pekka or who ever you throw in instead will go to the next closest structures and that is probaly around the outside. wizards can shoot over walls so they will go inside. before the wizards are done with all the strutures send in some wallbreakers to break open some walls so the troops have a clear path to the center. then after the wizards are done send in witchs pekkas clan castle troops. when troops are about to go to the town hall drop a jump spell to lead the troops to the town hall. at the end of the battle and here is not many structure left drop king and the queen as a backup. and thats all my tips.

First |
| 2 | Next | Last

Post a Reply