Administrate Post:

Kozi

lvl 1: Loincloth
17/07/19
posted 11 months ago

Our Small Kitchen Remodel

Sharing our kitchen remodel since I came here a number of times for help (thank you!).  We've been in our house for about 5 years and finally decided to do something cosmetic after prioritizing a number of other necessary, basic improvements over the years. We started our renovation on the 4th of July and finished... well, we still have a few things to do, but we've had a fully functional kitchen for probably a month or so.  Things that are left are baseboards, drapes for the window, and random caulking. I would say 70% of the work was done on the weekends, but we took trips over 4 weekends to get away from the house (so it could have been done faster at the sacrifice of our sanity).

We went with Ikea cabinet frames, but ordered custom fronts from Scherr's and had them professionally painted. We did almost everything ourselves, which was a challenge because my wife is pregnant and we have a crazy toddler.  I also had very limited home improvement experience - the biggest project we had done to date was retiling our fireplace. Other than that, the hardest home projects I did were patching in drywall and building shelving. There was a lot of research and YouTube along the way, sometimes spending more time researching than actually doing. Everything was permitted because we heard our city has been cracking down, and we passed all inspections without a hitch. Here are the things we did NOT do ourselves:

• Electrical

• HVAC (range duct + toe kick vent)

• Plumber to replace drain pipe (my wife did all the finish plumbing)

• Cabinet painting

• Countertops

Budget:

• Ballpark estimate prior to research: $10,000

• Realistic estimate after research: $20,000

• Actual spend: $23,850 (cost breakdown in last photo of the album)

Favorite things in our new kitchen:

• A way more functional space

• Huge sink

• Gas range (had electric for the last 10+ years)

• Under cabinet lighting

• Having things we didn't have before, like a dishwasher and pantry

This was a lot of work, and I know a ton more about home improvement now as a result, but this was stressful and overwhelming at times. I have no regrets about doing (almost) everything, but taking on these kinds of projects yourself is not for the faint of heart. For every phase, we estimated time by doubling the amount of time we initially thought it would take, and this was right most of the time. I think the only thing I vastly underestimated is how long all the finishing details take. You think that once the cabinets are up, you're almost there, but then there's all the finishing details like trim, caulking, etc that add up quickly.

Administrate Post:

Kozi

17/07/19
posted 11 months ago

:)

Administrate Post:

Kozi

17/07/19
posted 11 months ago

Any advices?!

Administrate Post:

Merkar

29/04/19
posted 11 months ago

You built my dream kitchen! I was hoping to do almost exactly this with my kitchen remodel, but budgetary restrictions quickly changed our plans. It looks wonderful! We live in Sacrament right now, and thinking to get good kitchen by using the services of this company here https://kitchensacramento.com

Administrate Post:

Alex Hunter

lvl 2: Hog "Rider"
18/01/19
posted 11 months ago

I want to remodel my kitchen. The entire arrangement is not good I want to change it to the best way. The information that is shared on the page is to look washington dc guided tours like a great help for me. The details are very clear, and it sharing some useful tips that can make the remodeling easy for me.

Administrate Post:

Derrills

01/03/19
posted 7 months ago

Yeah! The kitchen is the heart of the home. It welcomes us with the scent of hot coffee in the morning and bids us goodnight with a glass of wine in the evening. It is the environment where the family joins or where friends are welcomed. Today more and more companies like https://kauzadecor.com/ decide to offer their customers the possibility to customize the kitchen of their dreams.

Administrate Post:

MaximilianIV

lvl 2: Hog "Rider"
17/03/19
posted 7 months ago

My sincere congratulations! It is a very hard to design your own kitchen and make it well functioning. I have had this type of experience recently. My main problem was a restriction on cooking diversity as the oven hadn't been finished yet. I've heard about smoothies and best option for that kind of slices became a Cuisinart food processor. It still remains my trusted friend for any kind of occasion

Administrate Post:

Heather arter

23/06/20
posted 3 months ago

I would like to note that the local plumbers have in the past worked to ensure safety and nourishment of the local community.

Administrate Post:

Merkar

29/04/19
posted 2 months ago

Well, Rigid Core Vinyl Flooring is the synthetic material that is long durable and resistant to any weather conditions. Vinyl Printing banners are used in flooring for indoors. Since they are long-lasting and stain-resistant they are used in flooring.

Administrate Post:

Heathearter

03/08/20
posted 1 month ago

The idea is seen in this kitchen plumbing section. i think the industry has advanced to a better one thanks to technology.

Administrate Post:

Heather Carter

30/12/19
posted 1 month ago

plumbing Las Vegas Nevada there is a need for progress and growth in the hotel industry

Administrate Post:

Heather Carter

30/12/19
posted 26 days ago

We have some of the best services and most experienced professionals in our remodeling companies.

Post a Reply